Sunday, September 16, 2012

Byens Bogcafe

If I was a coffee shop in Copenhagen, this is what I'd do: I'd struggle onto my two legs, kept deep down in the ground. I'd struggle to free my arms, kept tied to me by windows and cement. And I'd struggle to walk. I'd walk and walk and walk until I got to a place where there seemed to be no coffee shop in sight. I'd walk down the path, ignoring the neighbors from the windows eyeing me from the comfort of their homes. When I'd finally get to my destination, Edvard Thomsens Vej 47-49, I'd sit right down in the grass and let my arms cover Byens Bogcafe (The Book Cafe of the City) in one big embrace. Because that's how I feel about this place. I feel like I want to hug it and tell every single person there that I dig their idea to create a place where books and coffee are first priorities and where reading is not frowned upon. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Edvard Thomsens Vej 47-49
Copenhagen, Denmark


No comments:

Post a Comment