Thursday, July 28, 2011

Fælledparken skatepark

Once upon a time I was at a party in Omaha (and they know how to throw one) where a former skateboarder told me that there was a place in a park in Copenhagen that was the shizz. I found it and this is it. It’s cool y’all:

Got some pictures of some of the boys. Look at how cool they are with all that attitude and shit.

On another note: I thought the American indie film was dead. I truly, really thought that the real indie film died at the same moment David Gordon Green started doing stoner comedies. Don’t get me wrong. I loved Pineapple Express, but at the same time I mourned for the loss of the indie film. Much like people said grunge died with Kurt, I saw indie film as dying alongside the quiet films of Green.
Then I saw The Puffy Chair. Now not only Andrew Bujalski is a savior to us cineastes who fondly remember the time of Hal Hartley and Gregg Araki. The Dupless brothers just got themselves signed on there, too. Let’s hope they don’t pull a David Gordon Green on us indie cineastes. We so eagerly await a new, sparkling era of Sundance.

No comments:

Post a Comment