Saturday, October 1, 2011

Bookcourt

As you may have discovered after reading my blog, I have a passion for books. In Manhattan there’s The Strand, and in Brooklyn there’s Bookcourt. It may not be as vast as The Strand (but what is?), but they have readings most night – and when I say most night, I mean, six out of seven. Those readings usually come with free wine and sometimes even food. Hooray for free drinks and appetizers! Last Sunday I was at one of these readings, and even though I wasn’t fond of the way it turned out (call me conservative, but when I go to readings I expects readings, not some dancing fool, a political debate and three bad songs), I still enjoy the silent poetry of just sitting inside Bookcourt. Their selection is impressive and their staff knows what they’re talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment