Sunday, October 9, 2011

Scavengers of inwood

So after a little break I'm back and ready to give you so much more news on how to lead the best life in the best cities. We are still in New York, in a section that few get to experience, let alone discover: Inwood. You see, next to the brilliant coffee shop/bar/restaurant (yes, it's actually all three) Indian Road there's a labyrinth-like shop that's almost always closed. It opens at 3pm and closes at, well, who knows? This shop is called Scavengers of Inwood and is super creepy. It's a maze of old stuff; old dolls with no heads, sweaters that somebody's grandmother made, cans that used to contain whatever and books with old, yellow pages.
Oh well, the other day I went past it and realized that it was open. It has ever been open while I've passed, so it was an exciting event of the day. And this is what I found:






2 comments:

  1. great photos and also YOU ACTUALLY GIVE the most recent HOURS they are open!!! (this ought to be on top of this pg, google, hear me?!) When I venture down there later today -now that I know what time more or less- I'm going to look to see if she still has some of the exquisite china cup sets; beautifully decorated genuine bone china cups with saucers, how many per set varied, but all perfect; no chips. also QUITE reasonable prices here!! Thanks!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet of you! Thanks! As a little note I can tell you that the blog will be updated every Thursday from now on... but then there'll be lots more to read about!

    ReplyDelete