Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Code Blue, L'Apollonide (souvenirs de la maison close)

I'm a sucker for dramas that are out to make you feel really bad, and that's probably the reason I found the Dutch film "Code Blue" a grim/delicious treat. Plot: a lonely and unhappy nurse who likes to serve death on a platter to patients sees a rape along with her neighbor whom she's been stalking. They officially meet at a party and things get ugly. This reminded me tremendously of Haneke's "La Pianiste" which might have been a bad things, since nothing can ever get on the side of that particular film. But this was damn close, let me tell you.


But not all films are out to get you, and "L'Apollonide (souvenirs de la maison close)" is one of those films that wish for only one thing: to be beautiful. And it was. As a matter of fact, it was so beautiful that I forgot about how dreary it actually was. I mean, this was like sitting down and enjoying moving images as dashing as paintings. Besides they spoke a beautiful French and some of the dresses were worth a lot of envy. Sometimes that's all a girl needs.


No comments:

Post a Comment