Friday, April 27, 2012

Killer Joe

Contender for the best film in the festival so far is "Killer Joe". Oh my fucking god, I didn't know a film could be that awesome. As a matter of fact, I'm still too blinded by sheer fascination to properly tell you why it's so great. But let me try: imagine you're a glutton for dirty violence in cinema. Imagine you love when Texas gets portrayed in a cartoonish way and imagine, just for a second, that you have a celebrity crush on Emile Hirsch. Imagine that every time you watch a William Friedkin film, you wonder to yourself if he truly ever made a film that was really him. Imagine you have a thing for movies with slightly dumb titles and that you like to watch rednecks on film. Now, if you combine all these things you will love "Killer Joe". Also, you will be a lot like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment