Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Comedy, Lovely Molly, Empire Bio

There are still some days left of the festival, but today I'm including one of the cinemas as well. Just to spice things up, you know.

Well, went to see "The Comedy" yesterday which was about a bunch of hipsters who were very ironic and rude to everyone. Then they made some practical jokes that was also about letting everyone else know that they weren't hipsters. Reminded me of when I lived in New York and sometimes walked down Bedford in Williamsburg. "The Comedy" was just like taking a stroll down that street. And when it finished it was like taking the L back to Manhattan.







And then let's move on to one of the best cinemas in Copenhagen, where I was lucky enough to see one of the movies in this years festival. On the other hand I was unlucky, that I only got to see one there. The cinema is called Empire and it sure is an empire. An Empire of Awesome, yo! Everything here is perfect, from the brunch they serve before a movie in the summer (they even sometimes have barbecue, or they used to at least) to the amazing range of films they show. Here they screen blockbusters to make a living, but I've always had a feeling that it was the art films that had their heart. No matter what kind of films you're into though, Empire is def the place to go.



Back to the festival: finally, there was "Lovely Molly", a film I really wanted to like. I really, really, really wanted to like it and I almost did. But somehow it was too obvious and just didn't do it for me even though I can't quite put my finger on why I left feeling strangely unsatisfied. The leading lady had an amazing haircut though.

No comments:

Post a Comment