Thursday, August 18, 2011

Klimt

Copenhagen locals, listen up! Get rid of hip and trendy thoughts of brunch. Don’t pay attention to what your cool friends say. There is a place that is never mentioned in any magazine, website or alternative medium on the city. It’s called Klimt and you should get your ass over there – after reading this, of course. Every time I’ve been there the music has been great (Eletrocute on a Sunday morning, personally I love it), and the food is impeccable. When you get a coffee you get a small, wrapped chocolate, too. What’s not to love here?! You need more convincing? Really? Ok, they always give you a lot of food. Like, a lot. You won’t go hungry. Also, they have a white hot chocolate that’s creamy and delightful. I took my mom and granny there last week, and they both adored Klimt. So does every single other person who’s been. So there.


And on a side note: a couple of weeks ago I recorded Terrence Malick’s The New World, and yesterday I finally sat down to watch it. It’s always been two ways with me and his films. Either I love them because they see everything through purity (Badlands) or I hate them because they bore me like few other things can (The Thin Red Line). The New World answers the question what cinema is for. This is 135 minutes of stunning beauty and emotions that go far beyond words. If this sounds boring to you, don’t watch it. But I loved every second and made me happy that I – once upon a time – studied cinema. Now I am not one to throw the word ‘masterpiece’ around, but I am certain that The New World is one. Now I really want to watch Tree of Life that I cheekily missed when it ran the theatres.

No comments:

Post a Comment