Monday, August 8, 2011

Laundromat Cafe


Laundromat Cafe on Copenhagen’s Elmegade might be one of my favorite spots in the city. It’s perfect for quite about everything. For meeting old friends, meeting new ones, working, studying, reading a book and for breathing. They have free wi-fi (a rarity around here), the most delish food and drinks, international and friendly staff, trashy books lined up in a color system and a laundromat. For if you need to wash clothes while you eat, of course! It’s a brilliant hipster central in the middle of one of the coolest neighborhoods of the city. But how can I explain to you much I love the Laundromat? I love it for the clearly stated identity it has. Even though it sells both beers and lattes, it’s never unsure about who it is. I love it because of its policy about hiring people from all over the world, so that the eclecticism never stops. And I love it because it is simply good. Everything that comes out of that kitchen is terrific. Everything that you drink here is filled with soul. So is this place. It’s an amazing cafe and there has never been a time when I’ve visited Copenhagen where I haven’t been around here.





And speaking of great things: have you guys ever read Alaa Al Aswany’s Chicago? I’m willing to bet that most of you have, since this is one of the great bestsellers of the 2000’s, but I haven’t come around to doing it since now. And am I happy to having begun it! Despite the somewhat praising of religions I have fallen in love with it immensely. The only thing I haven’t fallen in love with is the phrase “shower with kisses”. Hands up, whom of the people who’ve read it, is sick of that phrase. I bet Alaa could’ve come up with some other words for the exact same thing if he tried a little. But let that not ruin a good book! If that’s my only complaint then it’s a recommendable one.

No comments:

Post a Comment