Sunday, August 21, 2011

Street party at Studiestræde

Saturday morning I woke up, well-knowing that something great would be going on. First I had great breakfast and then I headed straight for Studiestræde, the one street in Copenhagen that I might love the most. I’d gotten the valuable information from a friend that there would be a street party here all day, and oh yes, there was. See, I used to work in one of the shops on the street, and every now and then there would be one of these parties. Music, beer and food all out there on the street. And I couldn’t go. I could only stand inside a travel bookstore while I desperately wanted to PAR-TAY. However, this Saturday I did venture out there. I might not have par-tayed, but I had a good time nonetheless.

As a matter of fact all I did was sit and talk with one of my lovely friends about Michael Haneke’s The White Ribbon (I think we were both in doubt of what to think) and the strange people we’d come across during the year. It was as we sat and drank coffee at a table in the middle of a street, that the party slowly started. Suddenly bad dance music was blaring from two speakers and people started to gather. It was lovely and reminded me, once again, why cities are the best way to pass any kinds of time.





1 comment:

  1. It must have been so much fun. I must share this post with my friends who are planning to visit me next week on my birthday. It would be great to look for a venue NYC just like this for my birthday party. I have saved this post so that I can look for such a place on time.

    ReplyDelete