Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Cachapas Y Mas + live version of Anna Bolena at the Met Opera

You know how it is. You get home from somewhere and you just can't be bothered to make dinner, neither can you be bothered to convince someone to go out for dinner, so you find yourself in some greasy spoon trying to get some unhealthy take-out. Well, not anymore. In the wondrous Inwood area there's a Venezuelan place called Cachapas Y Mas and they dish out some of the most delish food. But not only is it delicious, but it's cheap and the portions are fucking huge. This is a score.


However, this is not all for today's post. As I was walking home the other day I heard the sound of opera. Curious as I am, I decided to follow the sound and of course it led me straight to the Metropolitan Opera, where they'd put out a gigantic screen outside for everyone to enjoy. On it they were playing Anna Bolena live; the real version was played inside the theatre. I always gathered myself someone who didn't care much for opera, but this was amazing. Not the music, mind, but the scenery, the storyline and the atmosphere around me. Everyone seemed to have stumbled upon this by accident, and that's one of the beauties of New York. Once in a while culture will just come and slap you in the face when you least expect it.



No comments:

Post a Comment