Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Stumptown

I don’t live in Portland, Oregon so I don’t have the privilege to go to Stumptown every day. But wait a second… I do have that privilege! In New York we have our very own Stumptown now, complete with hipster baristas and incredibly well-made coffee. But New York has many coffee shops and why would a smart girl go to midtown to get it when she can instead venture to East Village or Brooklyn? I’ll tell you why: because this Stumptown is part of some fancy hotel and when you sit down and drink your coffee, you’ll do it in the lobby. Doesn’t sound great? Let me re-phrase: this lobby is dark and gloomy and filled with sleep-deprived workaholics staring into their macs. The couches are nearly gone in the dark, but if you manage to get a seat, the strange spectacle will be enough entertainment for part of the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment