Sunday, September 11, 2011

Pixie

I've been at Pixie twice. Once with my mom, and once last Sunday where I gorged on smoothies and Sarah Waters' The Little Stranger (kind of dull, but would make a good play). And still I feel the need to return here. Placed in the borough of Østerbro, Pixie isn't supposed to have much going for it (Østerbro isn't the hippest neighborhood in town), but it really does. It has bands playing every night... I have the feeling they do a lot of Danish folk musicians, but I really don't know. They have cocktails menus, beer on tap, coffee, tea and great lunch. The fact that you have to do a little trip to get here is just part of the charm, and enables you to see more of Østerbro. I mean, come on, even Copenhageners know nothing of this borough, and it's really not that bad, people. It's like the Danish equivalent to Park Slope, and we all love Park Slope, isn't that right?

No comments:

Post a Comment