Saturday, September 10, 2011

Vester Vov Vov

And we're back to the Copenhagen edition.
Okay, I don't go to the cinema Vester Vov Vov as often as I'd like, but the other day I met up with my friend Stine to finally catch Lars von Trier's Melancholia before it runs out of theatres. What an incredible movie! I think this might be the best one I've seen of his yet. The cinematography, visions of the planets colliding, Kirsten Dunst's stare, the symbolism of the first half gliding into the other... this was amazing.
But I'm drifting away from the point. The point is that we went to see it in Vester Vov Vov which is now is very strong competitor to being one of the best cinemas in Copenhagen. Ten years ago, not so much, but they changed the disgusting airplane seats (they were gross) and now have clean cinema seats (they are not gross). Also, this means that your head is no longer forced down by the top of the seat, but gives you the freedom to look UP on the screen. And that is good service, y'all.




No comments:

Post a Comment