Thursday, September 15, 2011

Imperial

I grew up in my parents' house. And here. I have spent so many hours in Imperial that they should give me some sort of prize. I remember watching The Others at midnight and feeling part of everyone as we all screamed when the "ghost boy" was in the bedroom with the children.
I remember going to a screening of Texas Chainsaw Massacre and wanted to make some sort of Tobe Hooper shrine when I got back home.
I remember making a plan to wear only pajamases when going to midnight shows, and I remember watching Fight Club and being utterly disappointed.
Oh, the memories. And that's why I love Imperial more than other cinema in Copenhagen. That's right. Tourists and non-locals (or even locals, I'm not sure) might not see this infatuation, but the love I have for Imperial is unparalleled simply because of all those memories. And the big screen. Of course, always, the big screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment