Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Taschen

For some reason I naïvely thought Taschen only existed in New York. But no! The other day I took a stroll down the godawful pedestrian street Strøget in inner Copenhagen (locals or once-locals should never go there, but sometimes I just get caught in the tide), and suddenly saw the word TASCHEN with big letters. I have been deprived of lovely New York for too long and just ran in there, wishing that I could soon just come home. This all means that I'm not sure if it's just because of the memory of the place I normally live or if it's because Taschen truly is some sort of gift to the world of books. Not literature, mind. This has nothing to do with that.
Oh no, Taschen is filled with only coffee table books. Racy, art og pop-cultural coffee table books. They're perfect when you just need to numb your mind, and look at pictures. I'm still not sure why I have such an infatuation with it, but I do know that I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment